Thursday, April 8, 2010

Like A Hole in the Head

Really. I need something new to do like I need a hole in the head. But there is no way I can resist. Resistance is futile.

What am I not able to resist, you ask? Embroidery. Yep. I am a goner.

Have you seen some of the stuff out there?


Like this

[Embroidery and Photo by Polka and Bloom]

Or this ...

[Embroidery Pattern and Photo by Penguin and Fish]

And just like quilting, there is this whole sweet little community of embroidery people and three of them are kind enough to be doing tutorials RIGHT NOW (Follow the White Bunny (on Magpie Patterns blog), Early Bird Special, and Style Crush). Which completely fits with my schedule.


You really need to see this blog too ...

C'mon, seriously. So not fair. Look how pretty that is. If their banner is that sweet, can you imagine what kind of stuff they do. Lovely. Must learn how ...

(I confess that I already bought some stuff. Because there is a class list of materials. I even bought some patterns. I am keen. Oh so keen. )

L xo

PS - The whole "fits with my schedule" thing, is a lie. I can't/shouldn't fit anymore into my schedule BUT because I am somewhat obsessive/compulsive and when I want to learn something, I want to learn it NOW, it fits with my schedule. See?

PPS - I used to knit like crazy. Now I sew like crazy. The only thing about sewing is that, except for binding, it isn't super portable. Which means I have nothing to keep my hands busy when I am watching tv at night. Which leads to the "Cereal Problem". The problem is that I eat a bowl of cereal because my hands aren't busy and I lay there watching tv, convincing myself I am hungry. The Cereal Problem wouldn't be a problem if the cereal were, say, Special K. The problem is that it is Lucky Charms and Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes ... you get where I am going with this?


PPPS - Speaking of knitting, why am I the last to know about this?


Amy Butler Midwest Modern Knits (Rowan)

3 comments:

My Life In Stitch said...

Oh Leanne you naughty, naughty girl! Why ever did I read your blog. Now I am going to have to go and check out these sites and like you I just don't have time. At this moment I am supposed to be getting ready for work!! I used to embroider but haven't done for a long time and certainly not modern stuff. I will check the class and maybe we can do it together (haven't even been to look yet but you know how it is). And speaking of knitting which I also do in the evenings if I don't want to shut myself away in my sewing room I will have to look at the Amy Butler thing as well. Thanks Leanne. x x x

My Life In Stitch said...

Just been checking the websites and the lessons are very basic so maybe I will join in later but I will certainly be thinking more about embroidery now thanks to you. You got me thinking.

Leanne said...

Wel, I am just going to have to get up to speed missy and then you and I can do a little swap or something. I think that would be just lovely! It would give me a reason (beyond my regular type A personality) to practice really hard.

Isn't the modern stuff just lovely though - couldn't you see it incorporated into a quilt. Amazing!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio