Friday, February 26, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
So I got an email from Greta this weekend letting me know that she had nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger award. Shocking, I know seeing as I have only been doing this since December and only 5 people, at most, read this blog. But I am flattered nonetheless and owe a big thank you to Greta for the nomination.
The nomination has a few rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award. DONE
2. Paste the award on your blog. WILL DO (after I finish this post).
3. Link to the person who nominated you. DONE (see above).
4. Tell 7 or 8 interesting things about yourself.
- I love to read. A lot.
- I just started quilting in June. I am obsessed. This is a good and a bad thing.
- I am celebrating my 10 year anniversary this Fall. I am completely in love. True.
- My children are 15 months apart - we like to say that one was planned and the other was destiny. They make me want to be a better person. And they can make me laugh like no one else.
- Even though I am not a very religious person, I am big on prayer (not sure if that is all that interesting).
- I am a big gift giver. I love it. Never because I think I have to, only because I want to.
- I am addicted to Hot Yoga and I think that my practice makes me a better person.
- I am blessed with the best friends in the world. Especially my best friend. She is way more interesting than me. She is my sister in all the important ways.
5. Nominate and link to 7 or 8 blogs you think are great.
There you have it.
PS - *The title is that Sally Field comment that she made at the Oscars decades ago. Seeing as how the Academy Awards are right around the corner, I thought it appropriate. I am not really that vain. Really.
PPS - The picture is of our room at the cabin. I bought the pillows on etsy and they are one of the reasons I started quiliting. I'll tell you the story sometime.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
My sweet E turns 8 in just a little bit and today I ordered treats for his birthday - personalized MandM's. Now, for those in the US, this is probably not a big deal. But here in Canada, as in Canada where they didn't ship personalized MandM's until very recently, it is. A very big deal. At least for me. But, shhhhh, it's a secret.
PS - I think the MandM's are going to be a hit.
PPS - I do still sew. It is all about quilting blocks right now. And a baby blanket. That baby blanket needs to be done by Friday. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....
PPPS - I got more fabric in the mail yesterday. Which is good. But, sometimes, it feels like I will never get to all the projects I want to do though. I think it partly has to do with making blocks for the bees I am in. Not that I don't love doing them. I do. It is just that I always get my fabric so late and then I am rushing, rushing, rushing to get them done by the end of the month. Which kinda takes the wind out of my sewing sails when I do have time to get to other things. Anyhow ...
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
I finally put my Bee Blocks in the mail today .... finally. Have the fabric for 1 of my February blocks already but no block making until I do some pj making (my birthday present to myself - some Amy Butler flannel Love pj's) and some baby quilt making (Grade 1 teacher having a babe at the end of February) . Then I'll get to those February blocks.
PS - Think I am going to use the Oh Fransson quilt tutorial posted today for the baby quilt - am thinking Kei dots and white with Valori Wells owl flannel for the back. Love baby quilts. Love babies. Love the fact my boys are 7 (soon to be 8) and 6 (soon to be 7).