Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When Love Becomes an Obsession


I know we all keep it very family orientated around the Quilts A Bit blog (which is a feat considering I have a mouth like a sailor) but today we are going to cross the line. We are going to talk about what happens when that crush you have becomes an obsession.


We have all been there. Don't lie. For some of us (no names mentioned), way back when, the crush that turns into obsession would have been about a boy. But when you are over and done with the boy crushing (see post re: 39), where does that obsessive nature go? It would be ridiculous to think it just goes away. Wouldn't it?


I may not know everything but I know something. That obsessive nature that once was boy crushing can turn into fabric crushing which then turns into fabric obsession. I am not sure if this condition is treatable. I am thinking not.


The latest fabric obsession (otherwise known as the dark side of quilting) is the fabric in the picture above. Heather Ross' Mendocino Mermaids in aqua. I love it. I don't have it. I would like to have it. I can't find it. Anywhere. If I had it, I would share it with my friend Melissa. She likes it too. I doubt she is obsessing over it though. She seems too nice for that looneytoon kind of behaviour.


So, in order to manage my latest fabric obsession, I am putting my want of this fabric out into the universe. I am optimistic that if I am meant to have it, it will be mine. I am not limited by narrow thinking or the negative. I am manifesting my own fabric destiny and after I finish this post, I am letting it all go. No more fruitless searching on the internet. I am surrending to the universe.


L xo


PS - Can you tell by that last paragraph that I went to hear Deepak Chopra speak last week? It's a bit much, isn't it? I am cracking up re-reading it though. If nothing else, I do find myself quite funny. I know I am probably the only one.


3 comments:

My Life In Stitch said...

Nothing wrong with healthy obsession and I am can guarantee you are not alone. I just log onto online fabric shopping sites just to look at floral fabrics and I would buy them all if I could. Just remember you are amongst friends

Amanda Fetters said...

Check it out! This lady has some to swap! http://www.flickr.com/photos/25180266@N04/4405832194/in/pool-1071084@N25

Anonymous said...

Leanne, I have some... let me know how much you're looking for. Jen @ Gehring Road

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio