- First, I am an epic fail in the virtual bee department. Blogging isn't the only thing that didn't happen over the last 6, 7, 8 months (how long have I been gone). I didn't sew. I mean nothing. I absolutely hated going downstairs because downstairs = all the sewing I wasn't getting done. And all the sewing I wasn't getting done = all the people I was disappointing. Not so fun. I didn't even read a quilting blog the whole time. It made me feel so so bad that I couldn't do what I committed to. Same goes for Flickr. Haven't been on in ages. Probably have missed too much to mention.
- I didn't buy much fabric at all while on hiatus. It doesn't seem like I missed much. Correct me if I am wrong. While there doesn't seem to be much doing with fabric, it does seem like the quilting blogger universe has been very busy. So many amazing quilts! I want to make pretty much every quilt I see. I am not going to make every quilt I see ... how do you think I got into this mess?
- I didn't go to the Heather Ross Sewing Workshop in Palm Springs in January, as I had planned. I am going to the Workshop in New York in October though. The Workshop is the same time as Canadian Thanksgiving, Yom Kippur and the Sewing Summit in Salt Lake City. My planning skills aren't what they used to me. Obviously nor are my calendar reading skills. Still going to New York.
- When I had to cancel the Palm Springs Workshop, I talked to the Heather Ross on the phone. It was my first brush with sewing/quilting stardom. She is very nice.
- Since starting to sew again (and by again, I mean in the last 2 weeks), I have gotten a little bit finished. I haven't trusted myself to sew anything but a straight line. While sewing again is kinda like riding a bike, I have been making a lot of mistakes. Thank goodness I have a seam ripper. The seam ripper and I are new best friends.
- I can't seem to find more than 5 things. Oh, I am charging my camera RIGHT NOW so hopefully this will be the only picture free post you have to read through.
- I turned 40 about a month ago. It has been nothing but great so far.
- I made it to 8. I'll take 8.