- Bakery Air
- The Sound of Scissors Cutting Construction Paper
- Seeing Someone Laugh in Their Sleep.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I wish I had pictures of New York to show you. I don't because I didn't pull my camera out once. I wish I could tell you I went to Purl Soho and bought tons of fabric and saw my friend Ruth but I didn't. I mean, I did go but I missed her, which was easy to do because the place was CRAZY. I didn't buy anything because it was chaotic.
I am going back to New York in June with my charming husband and will spend a Saturday there while he goes to a baseball game. I will come home with lots of fabric then. I am hoping that I can convince Ruth to give me another chance and we can meet up in June (please ???).
All in all, the trip was okey dokey and a good time was had by all. I missed my family like crazy but had a great time with my friends and made some new ones as well. I stayed up much too late every single night. I am paying for it now.
I did buy a few knitting kits from Wool and the Gang. Very cool.
PS - I can't wait to talk to all my quilting friends - weird to go 5 days without a hello.
PPS - We are expecting a blizzard here in Calgary today. Fun times.
Monday, April 26, 2010
So, I have decided to start our week off on the right foot. And to that end, I introduce to you, Music Mondays. Every Monday (fingers crossed), I am going to post for you a video of some of the music I listen to while I happily sew away on all my quilting projects.
While the songs may not always be your cup of tea, I thought it would be kind of fun to share some of my favourite music with you. And I hope that, if you are so inclined, that you will do the same. Doesn't have to be every Monday, or even a Monday, for that matter, just share a little something you like too.
Might be a great way to get to know one another better. We shall see.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I mean, those two boys drove me bananas!!!
Just like that, New York doesn't seem like a bad idea at all.
PS - How much cutting of fabric for Bee Blocks can a girl take? It seems to be taking FOREVER.
Monday, April 19, 2010
PPS - I am putting my trust out there to the Universe that my family will be well taken care of while I am gone.
PPPS - I love birdcages. Love them. And I love Nest Pretty Things too. A lot.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Just a quick hello. Things are too busy around here. So here is a list:
- Yesterday, my little big man turned 8. We are having "birthweek" not "birthday" celebrations. It is so nice to be around someone who loves having a birthday. This is in complete contrast to the adults in the family, who would rather skip them.
- I am working on a quilt. I haven't said a word about it. I am hoping to have something to share soon.
- I am completely second guessing my Beatnik Bee blocks (the Charley Harper quilt). It may be too much. And I don't want to stress anyone out. I have plenty of other ideas. I'll make a decision by the end of the week.
- I leave for New York in 9 days. I have stopped myself from buying fabric twice this week. I am going to save it all for Purl Soho.
- We have had snow twice this week. It is very grey here. I could fall asleep. Grey weather does that to me.
- There is a new ezine for quilters - FQ - it looks like it has potential, don't you think?
Okay, that's it. Let's talk sooner rather than later and for sure before I leave for the Big Apple.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
What am I not able to resist, you ask? Embroidery. Yep. I am a goner.
[Embroidery and Photo by Polka and Bloom]
Or this ...
[Embroidery Pattern and Photo by Penguin and Fish]
C'mon, seriously. So not fair. Look how pretty that is. If their banner is that sweet, can you imagine what kind of stuff they do. Lovely. Must learn how ...
(I confess that I already bought some stuff. Because there is a class list of materials. I even bought some patterns. I am keen. Oh so keen. )
PS - The whole "fits with my schedule" thing, is a lie. I can't/shouldn't fit anymore into my schedule BUT because I am somewhat obsessive/compulsive and when I want to learn something, I want to learn it NOW, it fits with my schedule. See?
PPS - I used to knit like crazy. Now I sew like crazy. The only thing about sewing is that, except for binding, it isn't super portable. Which means I have nothing to keep my hands busy when I am watching tv at night. Which leads to the "Cereal Problem". The problem is that I eat a bowl of cereal because my hands aren't busy and I lay there watching tv, convincing myself I am hungry. The Cereal Problem wouldn't be a problem if the cereal were, say, Special K. The problem is that it is Lucky Charms and Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes ... you get where I am going with this?
Monday, April 5, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Friday, April 2, 2010
- the email my parents wrote me after I told them about the article and they went to my blog and read my posts. It was some of the kindest words ever. Even at 39, making your parents proud is an awesome feeling. If I am even half of the parent that my parents have been to me, I think my children will be just fine;
- my best friend, Catharine, telling me that she wasn't surprised I was in a magazine but that what always floors her is how I come about these things. Just reading a blog and I find mine. She calls it serendipity. I like that word; and
- my husband telling me that, just like Catharine, he wasn't surprised at all, that I had made the list because he knows that there isn't anything I can't do, if I put my mind to it.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
They are just the sweetest . And I am all about counting your blessings (and a "Hello, Good Looking, every once in awhile doesn't hurt either). So they are good reminders too!
Here's the thing though. The week after I got my prints, I got a second set. Now, I thought that the second set might have been my mistake (I tend to do stuff like that) but when I checked etsy, it looked like the store sent them to me again, by mistake.
So I emailed them and told them I had received 2 sets and asked that they send me a bill so I could pay for the second set (I think they would make sweet little "thinking of you" gifts, don't you?).
And I got an email back saying it was their mistake and I was to keep them, free of charge. Which is just so kind. And such a nice thing to do. Because I would have gladly paid for them (everyone makes mistakes and this was a good mistake to make, in my books).
And so now the 2 extra posters are on their way to some quilting friends ...
Nice little story, don't you think?
PS - I met the nicest man EVER at Barney's in Scottsdale. His name is Jose and he works at the Cle de Peau counter. If you ever go by, stop in and say Leanne says hello. Nicest man. Really.
PPS - My most wonderfulest mom has my beautiful children for the next few days so I am going to work on getting some sewing done. Fingers crossed.